Wow...two sessions in a row for Jayne with no flying through! Have to confess though that I held her off the sheep a lot....perhaps so she wasn't really in contact with them or taking a hold truly. However still a good session in this location on these sheep for her.
Owen did VERY well....I'm asking for inside flanks and moves at as much distance as this little 2 acre field will allow. But still a stretch for him...which he took in stride. He is also taking his come by flank a lot better than earlier this summer. And he is making some good strides in walking into pressure and driving....I hope....he is still the easiest young dog I have ever seen but I hope that doesn't translate to lack of confidence aka not able to work in big spaces/Open distances.....
I am heading to Metchosin tomo. to work the Buchanon sheep for the next 10 days or so. Will get a better idea of how my youngsters are doing on them. I will have some photos to post over the next week of the drop dead gorgeous fields I will get to work in. The farm overlooks the Juan de Fuca Strait which looks south to the stunning mountains of the Olympic Peninsula. We will be 5 mins. from the beach and trails/park as well as a phenomenal 80 acre farm just down the road which will have a huge flock of ewes. Metchosin is a 'herding' paradise as well as offering weather that usually flies under the radar of extremes seen elsewhere in our area. Less rain but a dependable evening westerly wind...which the perimeter trees help block on the little McHardy kennel/farm. More to come.................
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment