Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Metchosin Day 4

Pam Earl came this morning to take some pix of Owen. Here is one of them. Then Julie came in the afternoon so we drove down the road to work the ewes in the 80 acre Banzer Field. When we got there the sheep were no where to be seen but Julie thought they might be hiding in the top corner. Sure enough, there they were so I parked on the road and got Dusty out to push them out into the field. Then Julie shed off a group to work - I used Blair to push them way down the field while Julie drove the rest of the flock back into the 'corner'. I worked Jayne and Owen while Julie worked Drift & Woody. The flock had drifted out onto the bottom on the field so Julie drove the small group into the corner. I then sent Blair on one huge outrun to gather the whole flock. Julie thought it was over 500 yards but I'm not so sure. I took a bunch of pictures but...no upload when I get home. Stunning view with the Olympic Peninsula mountains in the background. Great weather continues. Then back home to run & feed the Marcar dogs before we headed up to the My Chosin cafe for dinner.

No comments: