Monday, September 21, 2009

Metchosin Day 3

Repeat of day 1 & 2....no surprise. Other than the fantastic extended summer weather we are gifted with. Which I will take whole heartedly - so much easier to look after dogs in dry conditions. Plus perfect conditions for working dogs.
Everyone did well on sheep today. Except for some bad kennel behavior aka barking by my dogs when I'm out with the MarCar dogs!
Jayne is liking the wire crate in the living room and eating up her dinners with no trouble. Dusty and Wyatt are behaving and not chasing Cinder or Smoke who tend to stay upstairs in the evenings anyway. Don't tell Martha but Wyatt is cuddled up next to me on the couch tonite; LOL he has been a little put out that he is missing his normal comfy bed(s) at home so I decided to indulge him. However there are some stinky odeurs(aka dog farts) floating in my vicinity. I can't blame him for sure as Dusty and Jayne are both in range as well. Wyatt's peeing jag from the pears at home seem to be over but he is still scarfing down apples every day.
Julie is coming tomorrow and we shall drive down the road a couple farms over to work in the big Banzer field. Ruedi is coming the next day for more of the same. Pam Earl is coming over tomorrow to take some pix of Owen for an art project. She stayed with me for a couple days last spring and offered to do a painting of one of my dogs. Of course I offered up the most challenging face in the kennel.....LOL She is so picky that none of my amateur photos of him have been up to her standard....thus the trip to take her own pix. Not that it has anything to do with his freckles and unique markings :-) . Check out her art at: http://www.snarkydogstudio.com/ I will be so honoured and thrilled to get a piece of her fabulous artwork!
I cannot upload any of the million pix I am taking until I get home. Despite seaching, nothing here will work for my camera so uploading won't happen until I get home. So just blog posts for now. I know some people take out the memory card on their camera and use that......but I've never done that/don't know how...any help?

No comments: