Sunday, September 27, 2009

Metchosin Day 9

Lambs stayed safe and sound overnite but they pushed their way out of the barn at dawn(I suspect) and were grazing peacefully in the 'exercise field'. It was another beautiful day; sunny and warm enough for tshirt/shorts but cool enough to work dogs and sheep.
I met Julie for Dim Sum at the Red Lion in Victoria; luckily she made a reservation as it was packed! Then we came back here and worked our young dogs on Telford field below the house. Jayne's first go was wild; I had her pick up a group in the middle field and they raced through the gate into Telford. It obviously fried her brain. However I worked her a second time and she was settled and MUCH better. Owen worked pretty good; his outruns have been a little tight but in this big space he kicked out about half way up. Beautiful to see him thinking like that. I was sending him further than usual and his lie downs on the fetch were broken so I shortened up and got him back into the right frame of mind. I also did some really long drives with him; he has good pace but perhaps a little too good for his age.
I got an email from Martha at Marroni's; they came back on Friday so she will be home on the 2:30p CoHo in time for dinner tomo. nite. So I shall be home on Tues. Julie is coming over to stay for an agility trial next weekend so I shalll be busy cleaning and mowing the lawn I am sure.

No comments: