I worked my dogs at McLeods' today and caught up on all the news. I did some exercises with Blair using a lot of short quick commands which hopefully will prepare him for the arena trial this weekend at Hope Brigade Days. I worked Owen as usual but stretched his driving out quite a bit; good boy took some flanks at 'distance'. I brought Jayne out at the end; asked her to walk up & push sheep out of the corner, gave her a couple flanks and more walk ups to drive them down the center of the field....within about 45 seconds, she flew in and bust through. So I put her up. I don't know what to do about this. The past week+, she has been SO much better....different sheep/different fields and she was ok. Today, back in familiar territory...she loses control. I will be farm sitting for Martha McHardy over the Klamath finals and able to work on her sheep & fields so will see if that makes a difference. Then a clinic with Lee Lumb near the end of Oct. Hopefully will get more insight then.
Lots happening in Langley this weekend: annual 'Cruise In' of antique cars with a parade which will take them right by Rose & Bruce's farm tomo. nite. So I will be heading over there just before 6pm for a 'tail gate' party to watch the cars go by. Will have to take some beer and appy's to pass the time. lol Also in Langley on Sunday is a big BBQ contest on the bypass....will take that in if I don't get into the final trial out in Hope. ;~} Perhaps some pix to come later.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment