Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye big tree

Same angle now with tree gone.
pretty sky not very good picture.
Old view out my front window at sunset in June-July.
Beautiful big old tree with ivy growing up it.
Sun was a huge round globe peeking through a hole in the clouds. I took these shots one evening as it had been cloudy all day and they the sun came out just at sunset around 9:15-9:30 about a month ago. Then the next night it looked like the first couple shots. My neighbor across the street had workmen there all day chopping down this grand old tree. I have no idea why as it was not near their house or in danger of falling on it. Seemed weird and kinda sad. They have had the place up for sale for months and to my mind it was nice added feature. I had actually looked at the place just before I bought my house. Since the tree has been gone for the last few weeks, the sun shines brightly right into my living room for about 20 or 30 minutes right before it sets. Last night I noticed that it doesn't do that now, it goes down behind the other trees. And it is setting just before 9:00p. My favorite month of the year is June when we have the most daylight and can work dogs after supper. I like Sept. and Oct. sometimes too; when the leaves are pretty and there are still some lingering warm sunny days with a hint of the cold coming. But I also feel regret that summer is over and the dark rainy days are coming. I should be a snowbird. Hmmm....a cattledog friend has sheep in AZ. :-) And our weather right now feels like AZ! An entire week of 34-35c degrees - as unheard of as the weeks&weeks of snow we had last winter!
Too hot to work dogs unless we got up at 5am. which I don't think my friends, the McLeods, would be interested in providing sheep at that time. lol My dogs are just laying around panting even in the shade on the 'cool' grass. Except Wyatt who is curled up on a blanket in a soft crate beside me on the deck! Go figure - silly ACD has to be near his Mom. And also silly/stupid is Blair who is panting and drooling on the hot deck beside me as well. Yesterday I made them all take a turn getting wet all over in the pool with me. Last night I took a dip in the pool around 9p too as it was so hot in the house!

1 comment:

Donna Brinkworth said...

Hey Lani I remember my neighbours back in Thunder Bay once accidentally cut a big tree down that was on MY property and I missed it every day, it was at the corner of my field. On the other hand, I think your view is pretty with the sky opened up like that now. Boy, I hear the Schutzhund Nationals participants in Chilliwack are suffering from that heat wave! Hope it cools down when their trial starts tomorrow. It finally has cooled down to normal here in Red Deer, from 30 to 25 yesterday. What a difference!