We got to work dogs in a big field at Karleen's on Sunday which was great. I am liking my young Owen more and more each time I work him. He does whatever I ask and stretching him out is going smoothly. He makes a few mistakes but as to be expected with his inexperience. Jayne on the other hand, is still blowing up under pressure. I worked her close at hand with my friend, Pam holding the sheep. Made Jayne stop, lift a few steps, stop......then finally Pam let the sheep go. Jayne did great. However when I then went to drive a bit - BOOM! Fly through and grip! I know it is something that I am doing, just can't figure out how to prevent it. Blair worked nice; did some big fetches(for us - in 10 acres) and complicated drives through gates into another field and out the bottom through another gate. It was a lovely day - we started early in the morning as it has been so hot but some high clouds came in so it wasn't too bad. But hot enough to enjoy the icy cold beer our hostess brought out when we were done. Nice to catch up and visit with old friends.
Monday brought a huge change in temperature; drop of 20 degrees from 34 on Sat. to 14c! And much needed rain so far this week. Monday night got news from the Calgary Stampede where our friends are competing in the big $10,000 Stockdog Trial: 5 BC gals made the top 15 into the Final! Big congrats to Pam Boring of Pink Mtn.(way up north) for winning it all! And also to Diana Gauthier, last year's winner for Reserve CH this year. And special congrats to our own Rose McLeod and Jana for making the final only their 2nd time to the trial!!! Whoohoo Rose! Carol Nelson and Lee Lumb also made the final again. Also heard that our other local gal, Nancy Forshaw placed in the money in P/N at the field trial before the Stampede - awesome! Will be going to McLeods' tomorrow to work dogs so will get the whole story and all the details then. Dale Montgomery well deservedly(is that a word?) won the trailer this year.
Still raining today so I'm off to Dim Sum for lunch with Margaret. Yummmm
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Correction, Nancy placed in N/N not P/N at Wendy's trial.
Post a Comment