No pictures until Rose uploads some from Tues....hint hint. Guess she is a tad busy bottle feeding lambs and getting all the raffle prizes out of the house for the Flyball tourney this weekend. lol
Anyway, Marg and I worked dogs on Tues. in the sunshine and warm weather. It was so nice on Wed. that I had the doors open and the dogs playing in the yard all day. But back to Tues; I tried to work Jayne first but the little flock of working sheep were being far too reactive to accomplish anything. I imagine it is mostly Jayne's intensity & speed that fire them up, but it is a waste of time to try to do anything once they are in that mood. So I came out within a minute or so and Marg went in with Kane. Needless to say they settled to him right off the bat. So I tried Jayne again and they started working much better for her. They did great for Owen too so he had a good session.
After the nice weather earlier in the week, Thurs. was ghastly; I got to McLeods' as it started pouring rain. Marg and Rose were already in the house having coffee. So....we wussed out and didn't work our dogs. lol
This morning we were in Cloverdale helping set up for the tourney. Weather turned nice again. This afternoon I checked out Canadian Tire & bought a nice little expandable wooden kiddie-gate to partition Blair's 'kennel' space on my deck. I also happened upon a perfect portable BBQ for the trailer when going to sheepdog trials. Much much better than the one I have now; this one has telescoping legs so it is stand alone instead of balancing on one of my wire crates(like the one now). It also has a much deeper/higher lid so more stuff will fit properly on the upper/warming shelf. Can't wait to try it out! I had one similar before that worked great.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment