Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Last tune-up

Photo by Kristi: springtime at McLeods' 18c on Sat. so the new lambs got turned out in the pasture next door.
Cool dudes hanging out watching the girls have races. They are SO entertaining!
Photos by Jamie: hmm this is Susan & Ewan's adventure to Saskatchewan to pick up her new puppy. They got a ranch experience while there. Looks cool, doesn't it? Yes pun intended. LOL

While no where near as warm as last week nor as cold as Saskatchewan.... I worked all four dogs today at McLeods'. Blair will be running this weekend at Heppner & the other 3 will be cooped up in the truck so they all got some time. All were good dogs, especially Dusty. It is too bad he can't shine like that when in a strange place on different sheep. sigh.
It was sunny & dry but a very cold wind. I dug out and packed all my warm clothes in preparation for the forecast big change in mild weather to highs in the low 50'sF and almost freezing at night. Then this morning while out on the deck with my dogs, I noticed that my thermometer was barely above 8c/40F!! So I think Heppner's cold won't be that big a shock. I am actually 90% packed and shopped so not a lot left to do tomo. I am heading to Marroni's on Thursday & looking forward to a dip in the new hot tub after dinner. Then off to Heppner on Friday. I am very much looking forward to this trial as I have not run there before, just been as a spectator. I kind of gasped though, when I saw the run order; pretty much every top handler in the PacNorWest is entered. Scott and I are more or less the only Canadians......haha that has a funny ring doesn't it. Perhaps the only time my name would be mentioned in the same sentence as his. LOL And I guess I should include Pearse as a fellow canuck, even if he will be moving back the the US at some point. It will be great to visit with everyone and see some great dogs. If I get a score in the top 50 I will be thrilled.(out of 56) ;-) Bill is judging and I will get to scribe for him again so that will be a great learning opportunity.
I am taking my camera but if the weather is wet or too cold, it might not make it out of the bag.
hi ho hi ho off to heppner I go!

2 comments:

Phantom Ridge Border Collies said...

Good luck at Heppner.

WalkOn Border Collies said...

Thanks Louanne. It will be a fun time regardless of how badly I handle. My dog always works his heart out 110%.

Nothing about my pictures this time? <>