Thursday, March 12, 2009

Westcoast Magic



Great day to work dogs today. We've had our wonderful westcoast weather since the snow silliness on Monday; clear blue skies and almost tshirt temps....except for just below zero each night. But that has meant no mud in my yard so far - YaaHooo!
Today was excellent. I worked Dusty and he was Mr.Perfect-can-do-no-wrong as usual on McLeods' sheep. Took every command...even adapting to the change in whistles to Blair's. Nobody was around so I worked Jayne right after and she did well also. I worked on getting a definitive stop at the top when I asked as well as some quick flanks which she handled pretty nicely. I figured the other gals were either inside playing with Jana's 4 week old pups or out back in the barn with the newborn twins...but turns out they were all in the house working their butts off for the upcoming Flyball Tourney next month; making up and wrapping all the raffle items. So I spent the next couple hours helping/watching them and drinking coffee, eating cheese&crackers. I've volunteered to help out at the Tourney in April so that should be interesting....
Only sad note to the day was sending Owen off with my generous friend, Maureen to deliver him to Lee Lumb's care for the next 2 or 3 mos. for his sheepdog education. I miss his fat head and blue-eyed freckly face already. :-( Funny, when Jayne went up there last year, I had puppy Owen to keep me occupied and busy, this time there is a big hole in the family.
When I'm not playing outside with the dogs, I've been enjoying watching the Brier and the World Baseball Classic! Go Team Howard! Go Team Netherlands the underdogs+.
For all you non-Canucks, the Brier is the Canadian Men's Championship Curling tourney. Our second national sport after hockey. LOL

3 comments:

Phantom Ridge Border Collies said...

Stop it!! Stop it!!
Are you trying to torture my on purpose.

WalkOn Border Collies said...

You see right through me! LOL It is SO warm here today that I ran the dogs in my shirtsleeves!
But it is clouding over and they are predicting rain mixed with snow starting Sunday and all next week.

Darci said...

careful how ya brag on the weather. We were having close to 80 degree days for almost a week, it was soooo nice! Couldnt stop rubbing it in, then.....rain for 3 solid days, followed by snow, then it got really cold, and has rained for the last two days again! I guess that'll teach me! LOL