Friday, February 26, 2010

Back to normal rainy winter

No pix because it has been rather grey this week. We are having our normal Feb. weather of cloudy, showers, cooler temps etc. But still fine to work dogs which I did on the usual Tues. & Thurs. this week at McLeods'. I've been working Blair to tune/fit him up for Heppner next month so that has been such a pleasure. I am focusing on Patrick's advice with the young dogs and concentrating on making my whistles/commands as soft and quiet as can be and yet still heard. Blair responds to ultra-quiet as well as the strident loud ones.....but I'm sure he must feel a lot better about the nicer softer new ones. I'm taking turns with the youngsters so Owen worked on Tues. and Jayne on Thurs. Yesterday was quite a challenge; the working group were being over-reactive(= idiots with poor Jayne) but I decided to try to find exercises that would take advantage of that. It was hard but useful.
Today I am doing major house cleaning as I have invited a gang over for a potluck 'Olympics in the Valley' tomo. night. God only knows where all this dust comes from!!! So wrong so wrong. I can sweep and wash floors, vaccum dust-bunnies, but the other places that gather-attract a layer of DIRT is just.....over the top. Didn't used to happen in my old shack in Burnaby. I blame the proximity to the busy traffic on 56th ave. Except it makes sense in summer with all my windows open but not in winter....hmm.....border collies......? One drawback to retirement; less $ for luxuries like regular house cleaners. Still is ugly, especially when compared to how frickin sterile/clean this house was when I moved in! How on earth did those people have time to do anything other than clean? No pets partly. I hate house cleaning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to clean my house today too, but took a nap instead

gvmama said...

I cleaned ONE room. LOL I live on a mountain. Imagine the DUST! Yikes.

WalkOn Border Collies said...

I'm good with the one room. Once a year.