As begged, I mean, requested by Louanne; no pix from this morning at Flyball or this afternoon while puttering around the yard getting ready to mow it tomorrow or Sunday...yes it needs it in places. Started up the ride-on in the garage but think I should fill my gas can before venturing out.
We had perfect conditions for flyball and a huge turn-out; we were in the shade of the rodeo grandstand, otherwise we would have all been too hot. As it was we all were shedding coats & jackets while running dogs. Saw a teenager from the high school in shortshortShorts as many of them file past us en route to McDonald's for lunch. ;-) Over 16c degrees today.
Dusty is coming along very quickly according to everyone and it is obvious that he loves this game. Seeing that he isn't going to be much of a trial dog, it is nice for him to have something that makes him feel 'special' and OMG does he ever know it! As soon as I put the other BCs up in their kennel runs & put Wyatt in a crate in the house, Dusty dashes to the front door. I use my Mom's Honda to drive to Flyball and as it is parked in the front driveway, he knows that it is different from loading up in the truck topper in the garage. Man these dogs are SO smart and read us SO well. lol
I stopped at the Dollar Store on the way home to pick up a 'For Sale' sign to put in the window of the Honda and also got a 3' X 5' Canadian flag which I hung up in my front room window for the Olympics. There are Canadian flags and signs everywhere you look this week; the biggest outpouring of patriotic pride and energy that I have ever seen. I think it is so nice for our young Canadian athletes to see, at home, first hand all of the support and enthusiasm behind them. They have dedicated their lives to excel and are being rewarded, podium or not.
Next on my 'to do' list will be to wash and wax the Honda so it looks good and get an ad on craigs list & the Buy&Sell. I only drive the car once a week at most so it just isn't worth putting insurance on it this year or to keep it up. It will be kind of sad to sell it as every time I drive it or even look out my window to see it, I am reminded of my Mom. So many memories of her in that car over the last 20 years. It is a lot of fun to drive as it really goes like a little sports car. If you stomp on the gas pedal, it leaps ahead like a Border Collie leaving the post on an outrun. lol But it is also hard on my arthritic knee to be changing gears all the time. I also have a Canadian window flag on it and saw them everywhere today on the way into town and back. Go Canada Go!!
Oh yeah, what is sheep dog related about this? Pam is hauling her sheep to the big field tomorrow. YIPPEE!!! I need to get Blair out on some big space before we head off to Heppner next month so this will be a good step. And of course so good for the youngsters, Jayne & Owen to get out in a bigger space too. Last but not least, sorry Louanne, but it is going to be even more awesome weather tomorrow. We'll have to watch the dogs to make sure they don't over-heat. And will have to take a cooler to keep the beer cold. I will take pictures.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes Flyball is fun :-)
Wizz
Post a Comment