Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oympics Day 6

On my deck today. Outside a gorgeous warm clear blue sunny sky for WINTER Olympics! ha ha ha But the scenes at the Women's Downhill were stunning. What a race the American, Lindsey Vonn performed! Brilliant! Mancuso was amazing too.
My boring back yard with green grass protected by that cross fence. Other parts are quite chewed up and muddy but will come back I think. Dusty has stolen Jayne's favorite toy. But no fear; what Jayne wants, Jayne gets.
Even Wyatt was out in the yard playing with toys. This is the main route around the back of the shed to the other side of the yard. So is the worst muddy section. Luckily it was very dry after the sunshine of the last couple days.
Here is the other side of the yard accessible by going around behind the shed. Dusty has his favorite toy in his mouth; it is like a pacifier and he makes it squeak with every bite. It is rather annoying but so far, no complaints from neighbors. If you look closely at the background, you can see that my lawn is ready for mowing.
Rreeaaadddeeee! sshshshshshssh! This picture was actually taken after the next one. Take note of the toy Wyatt has in his mouth.
Whoopeee says Jayne! Blair is about to lose his favorite toy as Wyatt heads over to take it from him. Blair is such a wuss.
No working dogs today, just spending a couple hours playing in the back yard while I was on my laptop on the deck supervising them while surfing. ;-)
However yesterday in weather much the same, I did work Blair and Owen at McLeods'. I need to get Blair in shape and tuned up for the Heppner, Ore. trial over St.Patrick's Day next month. I pushed him hard to see if he would exhibit any symptoms of EIC/BCC but it looks like he has totally outgrown it which is good. I did the same with his son, Owen and he came off the field showing barely discernible signs so I think he will outgrow it also. Especially as I now know how to manage my training sessions to avoid it. They both worked well; I did some shedding with Blair and mini-Look Backs. Also worked on keeping my whistles soft and quiet; so much that Blair was turning and looking at me in question! LOL I was really pleased with Owen being able to take all the training pressure I could put on him. And I could see the progress we have made since 4-6 mos. ago. Slow but sure. I also put the sheep tight on the fence and got him to "Watch em!", then asked him to squeeze around & bring them off the fence. One time, he had to push through and did a little air snap. Which I was glad to see as he never ever grips at any other time. Maybe what I have perceived as lack of confidence is actually more of a very cool head....one can only hope. :-)
More working dogs tomorrow. This sweet break in winter weather is supposed to last right through the weekend so maybe we can get Pam to haul her sheep to the big field. If not, I may try to get down to Joe & Heather's place in Arlington.
GO Canada GO! Haley and the gals putting another lop-sided whupping on Sweden today. My fav. winter sportsto watch: women's hockey, women's & men's curling, figure skating, long & short track skating, snowboard cross, cross country skiing, & men's hockey. The rest I could skip.

No comments: