
Kit would have loved to work some sheep today. Look how nice and clean she is after her bath & brushing yesterday.

Here is the new beastie Blueboy.

Pam's sheep looking on to the new group being brought out.

View from the top for Jayne's first gather. Pam is setting as her sheep stick to her like glue and give the dogs a good opportunity to get to 'lift'.

The grass is getting really high and the cows can't begin to keep up with it. Lynda was standing with Pam at the top and taking pix of Jayne as she lifts. She was a very good dog today....must know why Kit is here. lol

This is the distance I sent her for her second gather.

Jayne on the fetch. She brought them with good pace and feel and little direction from me.

This is the distance of our third gather. The field is 400 yards fence to fence and I think we were close to using half of it.

Jayne on the left almost hidden in the tall grass, doing another nice calm lift. Wow I was impressed with her today!

Making a nice sidepass to keep them online. Thanks Lynda for taking all these pix! Later on Lynda worked Lark and I worked Owen. We sent them on bigger than P/N outruns to stretch them out and both dogs did awesome. Lynda also worked Try a bit later sending him on an Open distance outrun; he was incredible! Did the best outruns of his life! Kicked out to the fenceline and stayed quite deep(for him) at the top. It was a great learning day for all of us. The weather was great; a little shower before I left home this morning but mixed sun/cloud all afternoon. It was very muggy and hot out in the high grass but not too bad for sheep or dogs.

Oops, here she is again. Miss CoverGirl May - the lovely Kit! ;-)

Keenly watching Nancy work Seeker. My oh my but what a short tail she has!!

Looks a lot like her daddy, Mik I think. Long legs and neck. lol I think she was much relieved to see that there really still are sheep in her new life. But still wondering if they will be for her. Well....maybe tomo. or Tues. at the latest. I think it will help her bond to me to take her to sheep fairly soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment