Thursday, May 6, 2010

May in Metchosin Thurs.

After running the two packs of dogs this morning(MarCar 7 + Dorman 5), I left the gate into this field open to facilitate easier turn out of dogs later. The flock of 40 ewes and about 80 lambs discovered the open gate just before noon. As they say; the grass is always greener...
This is where we sit having coffee in the morning to watch the dogs run & play. Without sheep of course.
Happy flock chows down on the fresh green grass. Beautiful warm sunny day thank goodness as it makes caring for a dozen dogs much easier than rain & mud.
after an hour or two, some start to drift back through the gate but quickly rush back into the field as Blair & I come through the yard.
Blair stands in the gate the flock has gathered up as Blair waits to be sent.away to me Blair goes deep into the woods to get to balance.Where's Waldo?This is out of focus as I hurridly took this shot as the sheep went through the gate and back into 'their field'. But I thought the sharpness of the branch made it kinda cool pic. The branches hang low of this row of windbrake trees protect the kennels and yard from the infamous evening winds of Metchosin.Then Blair carefully pushes them down the field.And he waits so they can get through the gate without pushing.'That'ldo good boy" This is also the view from the kitchen window and back yard, looking south across the Juan de Fuca Straight to the Olympic Peninsula in WA.Blair, Jayne & Owen in their kennel runs where they are staying this week.And when I turn around this is where I am staying this week. Also, if anyone can tell me how to get rid of this stupid blue font and underline, I would appreciate it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine said...

Gorgeous! The blue font/underline is because it thinks the text is for a link. Look for a missing "/a" in brackets somewhere.

gvmama said...

You're a good friend. What gorgeous country side!