Sunday, May 2, 2010

Springtime Showers

We are having a pretty typical spring here in the PacNorWest: warm and sunny followed by rain showers. Grass is growing like crazy. Tough to find a good day to mow the lawn when one wants to do fun things on the nice days. ;-)
Friday was Lynda's birthday so we celebrated by going out for Dim Sum. Her sister & a friend are here visiting from Ontario for a week so Lynda took the week off work. However she is now suffering from a bad cold. So she didn't make it out to Pam's big field today. Just Kristi & I weathered it out in a cool drizzle to work our dogs.
Yesterday I headed out to Abbotsford for the afternoon to take in the Flyball Tourney. The Kings did pretty well, especially considering that Margaret's Kane put a tooth through his lip and had to be pulled from competition. Rose's good old boy, Craig stepped in and took his place at the last minute. Plus there was a fire at the Stetson Bowl where all the club's equipment is kept so practice on Fri. was canceled which also meant late rushing around to find replacements was done. So the different box meant a few more fumbles than usual. But the dogs did their best as usual and fun was had by all.
I am probably heading over to Metchosin this week to help out Martha who is pretty sick from an infection which complicates her MS. Then I will go up to Pt.Alberni for the week end to spend Mother's Day with my Mom - for the last time she says. We are pragmatic, she & I, about that sort of stuff. So I tend to believe her - at 94, she is pretty knowledgeable about her health and gradual weakening, failing strength. While I know it is coming, it will be a different world for me, without her as my anchor. But such is life....and death.

1 comment:

gvmama said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day and be sure to tell your Mom how much you love her :0)