Friday, May 22, 2009

Great Weather

No pix so far this week, will try for some over the weekend. It has been awesome weather finally!
I've been working dogs almost every day since Tues. Jamie arrived Wed. so I hung out at McLeods' to meet and see all her nice young dogs show their stuff. My oh my, what a nice group she has to choose from coming up!!
I've had Owen out several more times so we are starting to understand each other. My biggest challenge will be not to expect too much of him too soon....he is still like a puppy with only 2 mos. time under his belt. So far he has been real easy to work and I think he will be a super partner for me. Jamie and Rose both said I should shut up more with him & just let him feel the sheep. LOL
Jayne is still struggling every time I ask her to take an inside flank in a tight space and bring sheep off a fence. She panics and dives through even though I am trying my best to talk her calmly through it. Plus she spins off in a big wide off contact flank after it happens. Not sure how to work through this but we are chipping away at it....... Jamie thought she looked pretty good.
Dusty and I did some chore work today while Jamie gave lessons to some gals from WA that came up to take advantage while she is here. A couple of the dogs are sired by Jamie's Linc so she knows them pretty well. Jamie had Dusty and I sit by the exhaust gate and along the fenceline that Bruce is in process of replacing; so the wire & top rails are all down. Luckily the working sheep don't seem to be aware that they could easily jump into the next door field to join up with all the ewes and lambs.
I'll be back again there tomo. to hang out in this nice weather. Sunday we are all going to work dogs at Pam's big field I hope. Will try to get pix then. Today I took a bunch of shots of Rose and her baby, Lexy out on the sheep; for a 3mos. old Lexy is pretty bold - running full tilt after the sheep until she corners them, then lying herself down while holding them.

1 comment:

An English Shepherd said...

Sounds like you had a great time

Wizz :-)