Yup we've got another 3-4" of snow and it is still coming down as of lunch time. This is like a real winter, like I've never seen in over 20 years of living in the Lower Mainland. I like that my yard is not muddy and the dogs come in clean. But I sure hope it doesn't mean we have to cancel the clinic this weekend. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so it should wash it all away.....
Big excitment in my neighborhood this morning. The snow must have brought a big branch down because the phone lines to the house across the road are down. A lady driving by saw it as it happened so she stopped and flagged traffic until a city truck showed up. He took charge and is still out there blocking the road. Cop car and fire truck also came but over an hour later and still no telephone or cable repairmen have arrived. Good thing that lady saw it as it is a very busy street with lots of trucks that would have ripped the power line and maybe the pole down. My power line is attached to the same pole. I did take a close look at my line...I need to get some trimming done as there are two big branches rubbing on it. One more repair bill that I need like a hole in my head.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear you about this winter. It has been a long time since we have seen this volume of snow. I grew up in the boonies of Lynden, WA. I remember back in the 70's snow drifts as high as the telephone wires! Weather is certainly cyclic isn't it?
My parents live on a farm in Everson and this weather is taking its toll on my dad in caring for the livestock. For the first time I heard him say this year he is thinking about selling the horses because he just can't do this anymore...darn snow.
Post a Comment