





Me bad. And lazy. Both my training partners jammed out yesterday so I did too. It has been sunny but cold for several days -4 or less with wind chill. The forecasted snow didn't come, now they say Tuesday and possibly more rain/snow mix on Friday. Great! Just in time for the Lee Lumb clinic on the weekend. :-( Oh well too much to ask for good weather in January. This will be the first year that I can remember that there has been snow on the ground for this long. Normally the flowers would be poking up.
I find the interactions between my dogs fascinating. This is what happens when you retire; you have time to just sit and watch dogs play. I might mention that Wyatt the Kennel King is neutered as is Prince Dusty. Blair, Jayne and Owen are all intact. Jayne just finished her 3rd. heat cycle a few days ago. Wyatt who has shown zero interest in her has now suddenly decided that he MUST, simply MUST mount her. What's with that? He and Dusty have been out with her(under supervision) for three weeks and he didn't even look twice at her. He usually sits on the deck with me watching while the BCs run around playing. I can tell when she is finished as Blair immediately ignores her. Then there is young Owen, not yet two. He has started annoying Dusty again; nose in his butt and dominence posturing. He is submissive to everyone else although he really likes to test Blair by stealing his favorite toy. Their hierarchy is a fluid thing, it changes regarding toys or food in particuliar. Dusty is so patient with everyone and loves to play, except he hates Blair. Dusty had been the baby when Blair came and was immediately very jealous of him. Blair avoids conflict at all costs but he & Wyatt have an interesting relationship. Sometimes Blair instigates it & sometimes Wyatt does; they posture and poke noses at each other, then Wyatt tries to mount Blair. Blair won't let him and runs off, then Wyatt ignores him as if it didn't happen. Wyatt used to play with Dusty and the two of them are best buds. Jayne will come up on the deck to play with Wyatt for a couple of minutes until he gets too rough. Jayne is the only one that Blair will occasionally wrestle with. Dusty hates when that happens and runs around them in tight little circles or stands over them. When Dusty isn't playing with Owen or Jayne, he is always 'working' Blair.
I'm attaching some old pix from the fall. Wyatt and the apple tree.

3 comments:
Glad to hear I wasnt the only one to sit around and just watch the dogs play this weekend! LOL
I recently this month attended a Jack Knox clinic here in NC. On the coldest recorded 3 days since the year 2000! It didnt stop us from having a good time, but it sure was fun trying to distinquish who everyone was we were all so bundled up.I gave up recognising people and just started to recognise them by their dogs! LOL
I only got to work sheep on Friday. The rest of the weekend was spent getting fat (eating, and not exercising). They are now forecasting a foot of snow on Weds. Ho hum.
I am going to a Jack Knox clinic in WA at the end of Feb. I've been to him twice before. And Kathy about 6 or 7 times. They are both great.
Post a Comment