Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Tues. at McLeods'
sorry no pix again. We had a beautiful sunny but cool day to work dogs. The perfection of Oct. fall weather in BC. To be enjoyed while it lasts. I worked Blair again to tune him up a little and keep him in shape for the trial in Arlington next month. He is still my beautiful 'wonder dog' that is such a joy to work. I am paying special attention to every opportunity to work with him as, at age 10, our trial days are numbered. So I am still thrilled by him and loving him to death. I don't care what he does on the trial field any more at this point, he has earned & proved everything he needs to; took me as a green newbie to Open in a very short time with some bits of success but only held back by my dreadful handling. My younger dogs are teaching me much & a fun challenge but neither has the special 'something' that Blair has had. He will always be my 'one in a life time dog'. Which is added by the fact that he has the sweetest temperament along with everything else. Also cool that he has sired some exceptional pups in Ruedi's Teak & Celeste's Maggie who have also taken their relatively newish handlers to much success in Open. Plus my own, Owen of course. Although he is a bit more of a challenge, mostly due to our limited training opportunities. Which I am sure you are all tired of hearing about...... Whatever, today was about The Wonder Dog and how he still is the most incredible dog I have the pleasure to work with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Here here! For the wonder dog. I have one of those, too. He can do no wrong :0)
Post a Comment