No pictures - just a little update. Surprisingly the weather was quite nice today; the rain held off and there was a bit of sun but not too hot. Pam hauled her sheep to Brooksdale now operating under the name of A Rocha(http://www.arocha.org/int-en/index.html). Their pigs have grown HUGE since we were last there and were quite curious about the dogs & sheep. :-) Their gardens have also thrived this summer. The field was leased to the cattle only for a short time this spring so the grass is still quite high & with a lot of seed. Which is not great for the dogs so I checked them very carefully when we were done.
Lynda worked Lark on some balancing drills at first as she thinks she has lost it a bit from a lot of driving work lately. Then I took Owen out and we did stretched them with some bigger outruns. The sheep were not visible because of the high grass so Owen went out a bit straight. But as soon as he saw them, he kicked out beautifully. I left him along at the top to see if he would handle it on his own and I figured he might not hear me anyway in the grass. He hit the top nice and lifted ok then was a bit charging down the fetch but not real bad. The sheep were loping not running for their lives so I didn't get on him too much. Afterward I did some driving and he was being very stubborn about taking an inside come bye flank & holding it. I had to really get after him about that. He has been doing that a bit at times at McLeods' too. So I need some advice on that. Lynda & I went to Arlington for a lesson with Lorri Schubert last month & plan to go again so I should work Owen with her.
Next we worked Jayne & Try. There was no way that Jayne could see the sheep but she went out to the fenceline and kept on going until she found them. I left her alone at the top as well because I couldn't see her anyway. lol She did fine I guess as the sheep lifted nicely and came down the fetch at a decent pace. Poor Try was at a loss not being able to see the sheep. Lynda had to come a good way up the field to help him. He also saw the pigs in their little field beside us & wanted to go to them.....hairless white sheep he thought. lol But eventually we got him around the right group of sheep.
I took a detour on the way home to sightsee the new 'High Point' equestrian development in south Langley. It is adjoining Campbell Valley Park which already has a nice 2 hour trail. There is a huge fancy equestrian complex of barns & indoor arena/country club house/fitness center plus trails leading everywhere. The subdivision offers everything from 1/2 acre - 8 acre lots to build your dream home. It has a lot of green space and groomed bridal paths winding around the homes. Wow is all one can say! http://www.highpointestates.ca/
Then a stop at the Co-op for groceries and home to catch the last couple innings of an exciting Yankee-Tiger game. Bottom of the 9th. and holy cow! Raining hard. Tigers survive to even the series 1-1 but Yanks almost came back.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment