Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday in Arlington

It was a gorgeous day, I should have taken my camera. Sunny but cool with many trees changing color. Lynda & I took a scenic drive down I5 to Arlington to work sheep at the Co-op of Erin, Lynne & Lorri. Same field we had a lesson on last month. It was super great to work these nice sheep, thank you Erin for allowing us to come. Lynda worked Try & I worked Owen first. We did a couple outruns, setting for each other then a bit of driving. When I was working Owen, Lynda walked over to the middle of the field, between a couple of trees. Owen was down near the bottom of the field, but when he spotted her, he spooked! He didn't recognize her or something and ran all the way around the perimeter back to me. She even spoke his name and called him....he was still scared until he got near me. Then he was happy enough to go up to her to get a pat. What a silly dog! God help me on the trial field if someone steps on the course. LOL
Then we worked Jayne & Lark. Both girls did well. Jayne was awesome on these sheep - lifted nicely and fetched with decent pace. She also did a big drive fairly nice. I tried to cross-drive but she kept wanting to turn it into a fetch so I had to keep flanking her to hold the line half ass. Looking forward to the upcoming trial at this field next month. It is not huge but has many obstacles in uneven terraine, a little ditch, trees dotting here & there. Woods lining one side pose a draw & if you lose the sheep in there, you're toast. :-)

No comments: