Spent the morning working my dogs and doing demo's at the big field with Pam. No one else made it. It was trying to snow and chilly but otherwise a great time.
http://www.arocha.org/ca-en/index.html 'A Rocha' people are managing & living at the farm now. They had arranged for some groups of inner-city & refugee kids to come out for a day learning about farm life and wool in particular. Some of them were from Biafra via Burma and have only been in Canada for a year & a half, having lived their entire lives in refugee camps in Burma. Some of them were terrified of dogs Others were thrilled and were playing soccer for awhile out in the field with Pam's half dozen BCs plus a couple of mine. When I worked my dogs, Pam gave commentary but there were lots of questions to answer when I came off the field.
Afterward I did some shopping for the curling party tomo. but got home in time to see the end of the semi-final. Team Saskatchewan won over Ontario & will meet Team Canada in the final at 3:30p Sunday. Yay! I am cheering for Sask.
Then got to watch the news televising the Liberal Party leader election. Christy Clark won which I am very glad of. She is the first politician I have ever heard who made any sense. Then I flipped to see the Alberta women's hockey team win over Ontario(always nice to see) at the Canada Winter Games.
The snow they predicted hasn't amounted to anything unless it dumps overnight. Supposed to rain on Monday so winter will be back to normal.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment