Sorry no pix.
Weather has been off & on; rainy days followed by nice sunny day. Since my last post, Lynda and I went out to work dogs at Downriver for a change of venue. Good to get out on different sheep even if in a small field. Otherwise just the usual work at McLeod's twice a week. I've been juggling working my 'four' dogs with Kit now included. She is coming along but still mostly doing puppy stuff. But a nice cool head on her and I'm not wanting to push her very much until we are bonded more. She is still needing to settle in to being a 'city' dog outside in my yard with all the noise from the neighborhood and traffic. I like her a lot and think she has awesome potential - would be a great trial dog for anyone. And then there is Jayne. Who has been working awesome ever since Kit came here. Jayne is such a talented dog it would be hard to part with her. So I am giving her the summer = 4 upcoming trials from this week's Whidbey til Lacamas in Aug. to decide about her. If she can keep her head together then maybe she doesn't need to go to someone with their own sheep and a big space.... So then I will also have to decide what to do with Kit. She is going to make a good dog but I can't really afford to keep/train/trial 3 young dogs all of almost the same age. As it is, I am juggling entries between Dusty, Owen and Jayne in P/N for the next few trials.... arrrggghhh
On another note, I can't believe I got my lawn/hay field mowed again with my trusty Sears Craftsman. Poor machine is being truly pushed to the limit this spring. I was lazy and didn't get it done a week ago on one of our sunny days. But finally got her done on Sat. I had friends staying over the weekend to compete in the BC Agility Regionals - pal, Julie got a first place with her Woody dog from Geri Byrne. Big congrats to that team!! Dusty's littermate, Drift was in contention but lost out due to handler error(according to Julie). They are all going to be tough competitors in P/N this weekend at Whidbey too.
Our pal, Pam relented and hauled her sheep to the big field yesterday; knowing that we were all entered in the Whidbey trial. So thankful to her for the opportunity to work in a big space now & again. Lynda & I each worked our dogs to stretch them out; we did Try & Jayne, then Lark & Owen. Ran into a few issues with the big distance with Lark & Owen but it was very very good to get those things solved/worked on while training & not at the trial.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Leaving today. Look forward to seeng you at Whidbey. Just me and my girls coming...mother/daughter.
Post a Comment