Ms.Bis Cotti and friends proved to be very challenging for the dogs this day.
Blair trying to settle them.
Blair driving and doing his best to hold a line. He was working way off to their left to hold the pressure from the draw.
Finished but would still like to work some more....please?
Kristi's Lou is also doing his best to settle them and hold the pressure. He is such a gorgeous manly dog. :-)
Owen is thinking "Wow! These girls are really taking off!" He was very challenged by them at the beginning; not covering with gusto and allowing them to escape to a draw. However I made him recoup by going into a corner along a fenceline which was very hard for a slightly hesitant fellow....but in the end he made some big gains in confidence with holding pressure and taking inside flanks.
Young Lark did amazing on Ms.Bis Cotti.
'Meerkat' Lexy had to watch all afternoon and was very composed for her age and the activity going on. But head held high as possible so as not to miss a thing.
Try driving the 'nicer' group.
Our generous hostess, Pam with a couple of her dogs. If only we could work here every weekend......sigh.......
Kristi working her new young Rex.
Rose's Meg did some awesome work too. She has shown some of the biggest advances with Rose really taking charge of her. These sheep were the type to trigger every button in Meg but she kept control and didn't lose her head once.
And I am very happy with my young Jayne who also held her composure despite the strong draw/pressure(much like Meg).
I think our breakthrough in Oct. is still holding out. Jayne handled everything I asked of her with no busting/flying though. We did a lot of driving because they were not holding for any type of outrun. I also did some flanking with whistles as it is long past time that I put those on her.It was SO nice to get out in a big field again and see how the dogs handled being stretched out to bigger distances. They all rose to the occasion and surpassed expectations. Plus it was a lucky break in the recent stormy weather to have some blue sky and no rain - what a treat!
Good weather, great company, spend an afternoon watching awesome working dogs.....life is sweet.
All photos thanks to Rose McLeod.

2 comments:
Well I am sitting here in the snow and envious! Looks like it was a great day and great photos!
Great picture of 'Meerkat' Lexy !
Wizz :-)
Post a Comment