Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tues. at McLeods'

Well it was a typical winter day yesterday; windy & rainy. Today I am home and of course it is sunny. :-) However the coldest morning so far I think at about 6c.
Jayne worked very well yesterday with no busting through. We did quite a bit of driving with lots of small inside flanks and little cross-drives. She is still taking her lie downs consistently which has made ALL the difference. Combined with more distance on the drive I think. I have also done more fenceline work but differently than what I did before. Now it is me on the fence, asking her to go between me and the sheep in a complete 360 flank. Plus I really try to talk calmly and remind her to be 'steady'. She still goes too wide at times but I think she is just trying to be as far off the sheep as our little field will allow. When I've worked her in a big space that seems to sort it self out.
Owen, on the other hand, is now my problem child. I am starting to see the stubborn side of him that Lee found out. My 'easy' boy is now the hard one. ;-) He is still very good at taking lie downs. But he is being very resistant to taking inside flanks at any distance - even in the small field. He is totally falling off the pressure as soon as we start to drive so when I ask for the inside flank or a 'here, here Owen', he is feeling quite stressed and starting to eat poop. sigh.......ya fix one thing and break another. lol

No comments: