



There is still snow in my backyard and it is FEBRUARY! It has hardly rained so it isn't getting washed away. It is pretty icy and getting dirty from the dogs tracking dirt from the bare spots. So I put up my cross-fence the other day to see if that will help protect some of the grass. The dogs will have to run around behind the shed to access the other side of the house but I can put shavings down there to minimize the mud factor....I hope. While it is great to be able to work sheep again finally, I am not looking forward to the muddy paws and wet coats of the next couple months.
Had a real good workout with all three dogs last Thursday at McLeods'. Was able to use Lee's 'steady' at the top on all of them with good success. It was a beautiful warm sunny day 11c which was a treat.

3 comments:
Lovely pictures, its been snowing here as well :-)
Looks like you have a lot more snow than we do. But for it to stay so long here is remarkable. Our climate is mild both winter & summer. We get rain in the winter not snow. It often snows maybe once or twice per year here and is usually followed by rain so is here&gone in a couple days. The snow in my yard has been there since early Dec. - record breaking!
Mud season is no joy for a dog owner. Fortunately for us it's a couple of months away...
Post a Comment