








The rain during the night turned into snow/sleet so the ground was briefly white this morning. However the sun came out and it turned into a lovely day. Not much happening so I went through some old photos from the Metchosin SDT July '08. This site on Vancouver Island has to be one of the prettiest trial locations anywhere. The field isn't the biggest but has strong draws which can make for tough runs. The Parry Bay sheep are wily and will take advantage of any weakness shown by dogs. It can be very hot in July but the Juan de Fuca Straight & beach is a 5 minute walk from the handlers' parking. The last couple years has been cool so the shady Garry Oak trees have meant people wearing warm coats in the morning until the sun comes around. There is often a cool ocean breeze coming through the trees so even in the hot afternoon, the parking and spectator areas stay cool. Enjoy the summer pix.

6 comments:
I so enjoyed your summer pics!! Looks like it was a great day. :)
Great photos!
Love your blog, have been following it for a little while now. Your dogs are gorgeous, especially Blair. :-)
Maddy
Thanks you guys. Blair is my special boy. Although I wasn't too impressed with him today; he got digging in the mud and his face & mouth were full of it! Ya gotta wonder what they are thinking! LOL
Looking forward to the sunny weather here as well, lovely pictures :-)
Hey, wonderful pictures!
I love it to see a border@work.
In April my BC will beginn to learn his job.
Greatings from Germany
Bordershot
I absolutely LOVE the second picture - the one of the sheep with the trees in the background. It is beutiful!
Post a Comment