
Good old Art is very patient watching dogs work his sheep. He even allows my dogs on the property. I went down to Olympia on Fri. Nov.12 to spend the weekend with the Marroni's. I had a lesson booked Sat. morning with Karen Child at Fido's.

So after I got back from my lesson, we worked dogs. Dee & Art watching Jeff work his pup.

Yes you may have noticed something in Dee's hand. It is her birthday coming up so we celebrated while I was visiting.

This is Jeff's young 'Tank'. He is just around a year old and has only been on sheep a few times.

Nice thoughtful dog.

Tank doing a little gather with nice natural pace on his fetch.

Sunday night is 'happy hour' in the hot tub before going out for dinner to Red Lobster.

no caption needed....

fighting over the last biscuit. They are almost as good as the seafood!

I love this barn.

This space between the barn on the left and the treeline to the right used to have cross-fencing for a night paddock. Now the 2 mid-sized fields have been opened up into one nice big 'L' shaped area to work. Owen is ready to help do some real chores.

Owen got to be the man to help separate 8 ewes to go to the ram to be bred.

Owen is out of sight somewhere behind the sheep.

Pushed down to Jeff at the gate and into ram's field.

Job well done young Owen. Who says weekend trial dogs can't be useful on a farm? ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment