Monday, October 4, 2010

Week with David Rees

Rose sorting sheep on Tues.
Rose working Lexy with David.
Nancy has a lesson on Wed.
Nancy's good Aussie.
Deb's Crumbie; renowned ratter. He doesn't get to work sheep but keeps the chicken yard clear of rodents.
Dusty & Jana watch through the fence as usual.
The weather could not have been any better. Warm but not too hot.
Kristi and David.
Rose shedding with Jana.
They needed to set up a temporary round pen for Susan's keen young pup, Tru.
Susan leaving the pen for David to work Tru.
Finally got her to call off. David had his work cut out for him with this pushy youngster.
Wyatt spent the days watching from the truck.
Wow what a great week! Weather to die for at this time of year. Working dogs almost every day. I made a lot of progress with my three on shedding. David has a slightly different way of showing dogs the 'hold'. Seems to make a lot of sense to them.

3 comments:

gvmama said...

" David has a slightly different way of showing dogs the 'hold'. Seems to make a lot of sense to them."
Hey...continue on...inquiring minds want to know.

WalkOn Border Collies said...

Oh crap, Suz, it would take forever to explain but I will post it on my Blog in a day or so as a separate blog. I'm heading to my Mom's 95th bday tomo....so it might not be for a couple days...if I forget, remind me private email & I will get back to you.

gvmama said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I just took care of a 100 yr. old yesterday in the hospital. I'm off Tuesday to visit my 93 1/2 yr. old father in Florida. Hooray for longetivity!