Snuck in a nice warm sunny day to work dogs at McLeods' today. Margaret is back home so got caught up on all the news. I worked all four dogs for a change; they all did well except Owen who was being very resistant to taking inside flank commands and hesitant on driving at any distance. Which in two acres isn't much to begin with! Jayne was very good as I concentrated on using my voice to calm & steady her, seemed to work for today anyhow. Dusty of course always works great on the comforting familiar sheep and field. ;-)
Now I am getting laundry done and packing to head to the Island tomorrow for a clinic with Lee Lumb at Judy Snell's farm. I'll be staying with Ruedi so will finally get to see his 'new' to me, farm near Duncan. Then on Friday after the clinic I will head up Island to spend the weekend with my Mom in Pt.Alberni. Weather is supposed to be wet but they haven't been right so far this week either. So hoping for not to bad stuff during the clinic.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment