Friday, August 21, 2009

No work for dogs this week

Wyatt in my truck.(photo by Rose McLeod)

Just a short update: I made it to Van.Island Tues-Thurs this week to help get my Mom moved albeit with a 2 sailing wait = 4 hours sitting in ferry line-up at Horseshoe Bay! Yuck. So the dogs spent 3 hot days mostly in the truck topper. Luckily our motel was close by a good safe place to let them out for a good run each day. But otherwise they suffered some heat in the no shade parking lot at the 'home'. Although Dusty and Wyatt did spend the evening/night with me in the a/c motel room. Needless to say they are very happy to be back home to normal playing in my cool shady yard today. And of course being 'house dogs' last night and again tonite....
I am looking at run orders for Canadians with envy - had hoped to be one of them this year. But family takes precedence & it just didn't work out timing wise. Good luck to everyone going to Zoerbs' trial in Brooks this weekend too. Sounds like everyone had a great time at Lacamas last weekend too.

1 comment:

Donna Brinkworth said...

Another beautiful photo. I will miss seeing you AGAIN at the Nationals. But I am coming to BC in October, to the Island. Maybe then? I am flying in. Must have been a hard time with your Mom, God Bless and thanks for the dogs who keep us cheered up and moving forward. Donna and the Gang.