A shock to the system today; record breaking rainfall for August. We got more rain today than we've had ALL summer. Otherwise the driest summer on record. I dug out my winter coat and rain gear to go to McLeods' & phoned Margaret before I left to make sure she wasn't backing out. We got there within a few mins. of each other, Rose brought us coffee, we sat in the garage aka 'family room' watching it rain harder & harder. Then Margaret offered to buy us lunch - Rose & I leaped at the chance. So we piled into my truck much to Wyatt's delight(at sharing his back seat with someone who gave him a treat) & headed off to the WhiteSpot in Aldergrove. I guess a lot of others had the same idea because it was packed. The waitress seated us, informing us that she would 'try' to find us knives but they were experiencing a shortage! LOL
We got back to McLeods' but decided to give the sheep a break and not pull them out of the barn to work in the pouring rain. In other words, we wussed out. ;-) So another day of no pix. The weather is supposed to improve tomorrow and be back to normal for Thurs. So we WILL work dogs that day for sure. Then off to the SandHill trial on Fri.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment